January 12, 2014

Let's Be Friends!


Hi! Nathan here. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has been reading the blog. I'd love to hear from you and find out who's out there. Please feel free to comment on anything you see, or stop by my social network pages and say hello. I won't bite!


Cosmetic Updates


There have been some big improvements to the look and layout of the blog lately, due in no small part to the design advice of my wonderful friend Stephanie White, design guru at home decor and DIY blog Two Zero One. I don't know how much overlap there is in the gaming community and the home decorating scene, but if you want to at least see what a really slick blog layout looks like, take a gander at her site!


Social Networks


One particular addition I'd like to point out is the Join My Party section on the sidebar. It's where I'll be keeping links to my social networks, external pages, etc. I'm sure most people are familiar with some of them, but let's go over them anyway:


Twitter - Living Myth   Facebook - Living Myth   Pinterest - Living Myth   Google Plus - Living Myth

I'm sure many are already familiar with Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google +. Aside from releasing updates whenever there is a new post on Living Myth, I also tend to use these networks to highlight sites, videos, articles, etc., that are of interest to gamers. I love getting recommendations too, so if you have anything you'd like me to follow, or just would like to say hello, please stop by!


 Follow on Bloglovin   

Bloglovin' is a great resource for subscribing to multiple blogs from around the web. All your followed blogs are collected in one feed, making it easy to keep track of updates without manually clicking through a list of bookmarks. Have a blog you think I'd be interested in? Hit me up!

I also have provided a link to my RSS feed, for use in various news aggregators. I'm no expert on these, but if you know what it is then you already know how to use it.


  

Examiner.com is a news site employing freelance writers, reporting on every topic under the sun. While my main focus is on Living Myth, I do also post gaming stories here as well.





Help Out the Little Guy!


I hate to ask, but if some of you would consider deactivating your ad blockers for my blog it would be greatly appreciated. I don't have pop-ups or anything too obnoxious, and it's extremely easy to disable extensions like Adblock Plus on a per-site basis. Not that I'm only doing this for the money, but it's kind of my dream to make at least a make a partial living in writing some day. No advertising equals no viability whatsoever for small, independent blogs such as this.


A Winner is You!


Again, a big thanks to everyone who has been reading so far! I know you're out there, though I don't often hear from the readers. Seriously, don't be afraid to comment, criticize, or just say hi and throw me a link to whatever you've got going on. Maybe you're working on an upcoming game, or have made a new music remix or fan video, and would like some coverage? Anyhow, I hope everyone's enjoying themselves here so far, and I'll try my best to make Living Myth a fun and thought-provoking spot for gamers throughout 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment