April 30, 2012

Music Monday: Yet... Oh See Mind

God Hand is one of those games that I really want to like, but it keeps pushing me away. Being modeled after old-school beat-'em-ups like Double Dragon, and having a charming sense of humour about itself, there's not a lot to dislike about it. People who like this game like it a lot.

But... I dunno, I can't get into it. It's hard, right from the get-go, and there's kind of a high learning curve. You die easily, and if you perform poorly your character levels down. Still, something about it keeps hinting that there will be some point where it all starts to make sense as a game, and once I get in that groove I'm not going to be able to put it down. Books can be like that, tv shows can be like that, music can be like that -- and sometimes, games can be like that.

What already makes a lot of sense, though, is God Hand's music. It may be the most fun thing about this game, and today's track has been stuck in my head for weeks. Don't ask me what that title means, though -- I have no idea.

Track: Yet... Oh See Mind
Game: God Hand (originally released for Playstation 2, Sept. 2006)
Composed by Masafumi Takada and Jun Fukuda

No comments:

Post a Comment